Thursday, July 28, 2011

Cutting out

I have been away from the studio for a few days and have to say that I have been inspired.  I went to London to see Tracy Emin's show, Love is what you want.  And have to ask why she called it that?  She hasn't entitled it Love is what I want.






I have to say that I wanted to burst out laughing at some of the things she had written on her blankets, but it was so quiet I didn't think it was appropriate.  Because there is so much of her work on show it is hard to digest it all at once.  I really liked some of the mono prints and would like to try this technique out for myself.  The exhibition itself was thought provoking as well as being poignant at times.

After that Bev, Sarah and I went to the Tate modern and I have to say I was really surprised by the volume of people in there.  I have been on many occasions and have to say the Jackson Pollock is still my favourite.  We tried to get into the Anish Kapoor piece of work which is supposed to be interactive but has been cordoned off for some reason,  I wonder if the artist knows this as his intention is for the public to go inside the work.  This didn't put Bev off going inside for a sneaky peak though.

The real inspiration for me was the view when you leave the Tate Modern and met with my favourite view of all time..........







St. Paul's from the Millennium Bridge.  We decided to climb the to the top and I have to say that the views were spectacular although we only had 35 minutes to do it in which I don't recommend.  We all wanted to go to the Tate Britain but we had ran out of time so we are planning another trip soon.

Now to get on with some of my own artwork........

No comments:

Post a Comment